Index du Forum
ActualitésNaruto FAQ Rechercher Liste des Membres Groupes d'utilisateurs Arcade Chan IRC
Profil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Connexion Boîte à flood CarteCarte
S'enregistrer

. English Thread, Parlez Anglais !
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum - Orientation, études, vie active
Voir le sujet précédent - Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
28(milenous)
Chuunin

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OH...this thread is still alive !!

I'm happy as a duck takes to water !!!

Exam week is over, i'm available again...

See you on CaptaiNaruto !!

Soutenez City no kuni
un simple clic sur ce lien,si vous osez...

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Carte
Nainnouse
Black Sheep

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Jan 2011, 10:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"Bonsoir à vous. Suite à concertation en modéroom, nous avons pensé qu'il serait sympa de pouvoir animer ce topic."

"Comment?"

"Des débats."

"Des débats? Mais y a déjà la section débats!"

"Yes, mais ici, d'une part vous devrez débattre en anglais afin de suivre la règle du topic."

"Ouais, mais on débat de quoi?"

"Les débats seront règlementés: C'est vous qui allez nous envoyer des mps pour nous proposer des sujets qui vous intéressent et nous choisirons ceux que nous considérons les meilleurs. Le but n'étant pas d'arriver à des polémiques à vous pousser à parler anglais!
Nous serons donc regardant quant aux propos, merci de vous respecter et de vous écouter de la même manière que nous l'exigeons en section débats.

"Ouais, mais toi tu parles français! Qu'est ce que tu fous là??"

"Les règles sont énoncées en francais afin qu'il n'y ait pas de malentendu ou d'incompréhension. Si vous avez des questions demandez nous par mp en francais!
Donc on attend avec impatience vos suggestions!"

Have fun!

Wink

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail MSN Messenger
Okuni Sensei
Genin

MessagePosté le: Lun 31 Jan 2011, 4:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Great! So now, let's move on to the next step : what subject of discussion...
Yeah, it's a subject by itself x)

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Carte
parpaing
The alpha and the omega

MessagePosté le: Lun 31 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

HOLY FUCKING SHIT (excuse my French!)! Okuni is back! That's some good news!
We could debate whether translating English media (films, comic books, video games etc) in French or any other language is a good thing or not. Think about all those guys who say: " Robert de Niro is my favourite actor", although they can only judge on his physical qualities and not his actual qualities as a comedian, since his complete work is deleted to be replaced by the job of another "actor" in French who's dubbing him.

PS: Welcome back Okuni!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
Okuni Sensei
Genin

MessagePosté le: Mar 01 Fév 2011, 2:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Héhéhé ^^
Thanks dear, I'm really happy to see you as well =D

Yeah, it's true that an actor's play cannot be fully estimated because we can't judge the quality of speech.
But, we still can evaluate his play, his presence into the scene. I think a man or woman still can give an atmosphere from his sole personality, and it is one of the way that can help to say "hey! this actor/actress is really good/bad!"

Second, you still can have a mean of comparison through his/her list of plays. It's hard to tell if the actor is always having the same type of character to play. It's not talent, it's just experience.
But when the actor is having a bright range of different plays, here you can say if it's good or bad. For example, I've always been amazed by Di Caprio in one of his early plays, when he featured a mentally disabled teenager. He was truly convincing. It's soooo far from the pays he has as young look-looking man like in Titanic. and now he's diversifying even more his type of job. IT's really great ^^

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Carte
Bijuu-Derkel
Chuunin

MessagePosté le: Mar 01 Fév 2011, 10:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I totally agree parpaing. Now that i tried series and movies in english, i'm used to hear their real voices, and see their lips finally synchronised Very Happy

Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Castle... Yum. <3

(22:25) * Fouad a une erection
(22:25) <ryozen> ca devient de la science fiction

Ssk
Murim-in
Murim-in

MessagePosté le: Mar 01 Fév 2011, 11:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Their real voices are amazing ! I'm used too and when I hear their voices is so much better. We better understand the humor and above all, it'd more laughing than French (translations are really bad). By cons, films, I don't remember having watched a lot of VO (c'est comme ça qu'on dit "avoir regardé" Confused) The Matrix, it was pretty simple but for others, it's another thing.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Okuni Sensei
Genin

MessagePosté le: Mer 02 Fév 2011, 5:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"I don't remember I watched a lots of" is not better?
Hey! I've some doubts now x)

Well, translation is always difficult, and I'm not sure it's always that bad. I think it depends on the movies, some will have pretty good translation, and others won't be considered as sufficiently interesting to invest in good quality of translation.

Yeah, it's always nice to watch a movie with its original voices. You can feel the play even better.
I admit I can't really see Lord of The Rings in VF, I saw them in cinema in UK. And when I watched it in french, it was in DVD, but I couldn't switch to english because my bro didn't understand. It was painful >.<

But not badly translated, really. It's just I was accustomed to their way of speech : Lots of actors were from theatre and their way of speech is really different. It gives a special touch to the movies, which is priceless Wink

parpaing
The alpha and the omega

MessagePosté le: Mer 02 Fév 2011, 6:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ssk a écrit:
I don't remember having watched a lot of VO

You should rather say: I can't remember watching so many films in their original version or even easier: I haven't watched so many films in English. Simple and crystal clear!

I think LotR is one of those films that really shine in English, because thanks to the different kinds of English you can hear, it really gives the impression that the characters come from different places and countries and it gives more substance to this imaginary world.

I still remember watching Futurama in French at first, and then they suddenly changed Bender's voice. That's the kind of stuff that really pisses me off with dubbing films / series / cartoons in another language. And it would most certainly benefit to our kids to listen to more English. In Northern Europe (Sweden, Norway etc), they don't bother to dub everything because it's not worth the money. As a consequence, they are among the best English speakers in the world...

Sometimes, series are translated properly, they even try to find actors whose voices match the voices of the original actors (in Malcolm in the Middle for example, or South Park), and they do a really good job, changing the dialogues a bit, but in order to keep the puns. Unfortunately that's really too rare.

The first time I saw How I met your mother in French, I thought that all the humour was gone because of the shitty dubbing job which sounded like it was made by 3 actors changing their voices to voice different characters...
Okuni Sensei
Genin

MessagePosté le: Mer 13 Avr 2011, 10:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

No other post from February...
Time to find another subject?

What about the Entente Cordiale, if people know what is it?

Amo'
Étudiant à l'académie

MessagePosté le: Mer 27 Avr 2011, 12:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Up the topic ! Last post -> 13th April 0.o

Well, I never visit this part of the CN forums, so this is the first time I see this topic.

By "Entente Cordiale", do you mean the agreement between UK and France, that prevailed the "Triple-Entente" ? Or the first one, signed after Victoria's journey in Louis-Philippe Château ?
Anyway, these both agreements were capital for UK and France, because the latter were isolated by Bismark from from the other European forces.
Actually, that also established, somehow, the genesis of the World War I, it became the "Triple-Entente", and the agreements between European countries created an evil mechanism after François-Ferdinand's assassination.

Okuni Sensei
Genin

MessagePosté le: Lun 02 Mai 2011, 2:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well. I was more into the cultural aspect and the different activities between the two countries x)

Despite I'm more into the Auld Alliance (studied in Scotland). But when I posted there were some celebrations about it.

Rob Roy
Civil

MessagePosté le: Jeu 25 Aoû 2011, 12:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well, the auld alliance between the french and the scotts started in Mary Stuart time. A common agreement between the two sides was found and then every french would be considered as scottish in Scotland and the other way too. They had in common the old ennemy; the brits. This law has been canceled not too long ago.
Still now, you can feel that french are very welcomed in their country.

When and where have you studied in Scotland?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Self_Proclaimed_Genius
Déesse de CN
Déesse de CN

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 1:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sooooooooooooooo ...

How about we find a subject on which everybody could participate ?
Like, i dunno, the rugby world cup ?

Jergal-SPG est tellement omnipotente qu'on s’demande si c'est pas un groupement de plusieurs super-héros sur un seul compte
Bane-SPG, c'est dieu. Omnipotente, droite, juste et morale
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
koko-kun
Kobe Bryant

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 1:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Rugby sucks, it's such a boooring sport . . . and don't you throw the "cliché" moral values at me, it won't work. Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Self_Proclaimed_Genius
Déesse de CN
Déesse de CN

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 1:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Just because you're bulgarian, i will pretend you never wrote this post.
And anyway, your opinions are shitty, so i actually don't care <3

Nah, rugby is so fun to watch and to play !
I mean, these guys are REAL men, not theses littles princesses that cry everytime they hit the ground !

Jergal-SPG est tellement omnipotente qu'on s’demande si c'est pas un groupement de plusieurs super-héros sur un seul compte
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
koko-kun
Kobe Bryant

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 2:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello, I'm Blondie, the stereotype lover ! Laughing

I mean if we follow you, boxing is a way manlier sport than rugby, with all the punching and stuff . . . you know it's never that simple. I think rugby lacks technique, it's way too physical and the latter aspect is way too dominant during the course of a match.

I thus demand a subject change, thank you ! Very Happy

Dernière édition par koko-kun le Dim 25 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Self_Proclaimed_Genius
Déesse de CN
Déesse de CN

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 2:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Go to hell, thank you ! Very Happy

Meeeeh, since you're a prick and you won't stop complaining, i'll change the subject.
Mmmh.

How abouuuuuut..
School.

Yeah, so everyone can talk about it.
So, guys, tell us : what are you favorite subjects ? Do you like your class mates ?

minimaxpower
Jounin

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Sep 2011, 11:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm not a student this year, it's a fucking shame x)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Raijin
Genin

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It seems like the gap between two posts is getting longer, or at least more frequent....

Let's debate ! I still don't know about what/who/(when ?), but let say...

"How well do French speak english ?".

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum - Orientation, études, vie active Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 6 sur 7

Sauter vers: